Raconteur & Musician
I talk to organisations wishing an informative and entertaining evening themed around this country's wonderful canals and inland waterways. The audience is involved from beginning to end. A talk normally ends with a poem and a song.
I've an endless supply of anecdotes, industry facts and historical information stemming from my careers as a boat owner, hotel boater, canal manager and canal boat broker. I've also featured on numerous television and radio broadcasts.
I'd be a godsend for any organisation seeking an inspiring speaker, be it a small or large group, after dinner entertainment or a cruise ship.
I have musical experience from fronting groups and performing solo, including the production of four albums to date. This gives me a wealth of material to provide a purely musical evening. A new album is in the making.
- Very entertaining — encourages audience participation.
- Unusual topic with amusing anecdotes.
- Cheerful chappie, went down very well.
- Very inclusive, good connection with audience.
- Nice ending to talk with song.
- Stirling stuff, left the audience wanting more.
If you need a boat moved, please do get in touch. A lifetime afloat and my practical experience in the boat industry has made me a very capable and qualified boatman.